Saturday, January 08, 2005

Victoria's Patient Crisis

Had a brief but interesting conversation with a male friend last night, who staunchly refused to believe any good about Howard or the Liberal Party, and absolutely decreed that Labor are wonderful and should therefore be leading this country.

I'm not a huge fan of politics, and am not saying I necessarily have any preference either for or against my friend's, however... blanket denial, blanket acceptance... ok, so he was, quite literally, very pissed.

Wish I'd had the linked article on hand at the time. Honestly, he was rather belligerent, which is a whole 'nother problem actually: near the start of our first date, he claimed "You could say I'm almost an alcoholic", and earlier tonight he cancelled tonight's date (with moi! Sacrilege!) on the basis of having no cash this week (post New Year's, which he and I had enjoyed together) and thus going out will be pointless as we can't get beers.

I actually rarely drink, and refrained from stating the logical and the bleeding obvious: it's summer, it's a beautiful night, there's a gorgeous park and miles of clean beach and shallows just metres away... And that's only the stuff that Nature is providing. As muso's, song-writers even, both of us, we could...

But I am busy, testing & working, and (as mentioned last post) getting lost in the goings-on of our wide, wide world. If he needs to see through such thick, amber-coloured goggles, then he ain't the one for me.

Next!

No comments: