Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Happy Australia Day... Celebrating "Spazzys" Style

Charming. This Australian all-girl band appear to be literally hell-bent on demonstrating the uglier side of Australian hooliganism to anyone who'll listen.

Talking about Brisbane's Big Day Out festival, "Lucy Spazzy" says:
"At the after-party, I was breaking glasses everywhere when a friend came looking for me and a guy I was talking to from Polyphonic Spree said 'I don't want to hang around with you guys, you're too drunk'. No one wanted to converse with me."
She sounds surprised. Did these girls grow up in the back of a ute or something? Honestly, I'm speechless. Is this sort of behaviour meant to win them fans?

Ally Spazzy explains: "Australians can out-drink, out-play and out-do the internationals."

Ah, gotcha. We're a nation of beer-swilling pissheads. Better make sure we don't lose that title, huh.

No comments: