Monday, March 07, 2005

Knife in Skull Proves a Headache

This has got to be one of the strangest things I've read in my life.

A retired teacher in Poland doing some DIY repairs in his kitchen last week slipped and fell, somehow causing a 12.5 cm bread knife, snapped off at the handle, to become lodged in his skull.

But that's not the strangest part -- the fact that he didn't actually notice, is almost beyond belief. The 61-year old did, however, notice his bread knife was missing when he needed to cut some bread.
"Despite carefully searching the room I could only find the handle. But I forgot about it as my headaches got worse over the next few days."
Pain from the headaches forced Mr. Woronowicz to take himself off to hospital.
"I thought they might give me an aspirin. Instead they pulled a 5-inch knife blade out of my head," he said.

No comments: