Friday, August 25, 2006

ABC News: Expecting the Impossible from Microsoft

In his ABC News article yesterday, Internet Explorer 7 for XP Release Candidate 1, Matthew Sarrel writes:

"IE7 has now caught up to roughly where its competitors are now, but where will they be when the final IE7 code release occurs? I would have liked to see innovations in IE7 that leapfrogged it ahead of its competition."

Seriously!

Matthew, honey, Microsoft doesn't innovate -- it copies, steals, lies, & then, when all other avenues are exhausted, it buys the company.

With years of exactly that sort of history behind it, surely we all know this about Micro$oft by now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The best thing that can be said is the new version will mean companies will upgrade and the masses will have something better than current IE mediocrity. -- Roger

Miinx said...

Hey Roger :)

Well, I'm actually hoping the thriving masses & their corporate parents will get a clue soon enough & realise there is a far superior option out there -- Firefox.

While MS farts around getting IE7 smoothed off over the next 6 mths/years/decades, Firefox 2 (and more!) will be released, sporting a host of new improvements placing it even further ahead of its browser competitors.

Having been a Firefox user myself since the very beginning (~4 years now), the global transition to one of my favourite pieces of software has been slow, but it is happening, with anything from 12-50% acceptance these days, depending who you're reading & the market you're looking at.

This is really good, but better is still to come, I have every confidence. :)

- Karen

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to imply that I thought MSFT was doing anything great with IE7. They're way behind on browsers. Personally, I use Firefox and I get pissed off when a site is developed with IE specific code.

Still, I'm glad to see that someone was touched enough by my writing to blog about it. Thanks, Matt.