Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Be Wary of the Google Desktop

I know, I know, it's been ages. My apologies, and thanks for still reading, huh! Life has thrown me a series of curve-balls this year, as they say, and while I'm plodding on, some things have lapsed a little. However, I will always be back when there's something important to say!

And on that note: to today's entry. Franci Penov, (an MSDN developer, it must be noted, and quite possibly one of those working on MS's own, rival, "soon-to-be-released" version of Google's Desktop search) has prepared a fantastic list of reasons to worry about Google Desktop.

In brief -- it's doing things it shouldn't, and if you ask it to stop, it won't. Read the article for the rest, well worth a few minutes of your time.

And if you're in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon, come down to the St Kilda/Port Melbourne beach -- the dog beach at the end of Catani Gardens, specifically -- and look out for myself (in orange bikini) and my Jack X Foxie pooch, Magnus, and let us know what you think!

No comments: